Interesting Article . . .
The FBI collected the crime data from more than 13,000 law enforcement agencies around the country. According to the numbers, all four measured categories of violent crime declined compared with 2008 – robbery, murder, aggravated assault and forcible rape.
* Violent crime declined 4 percent in metropolitan counties and 3 percent elsewhere, the FBI reported.
* Nationwide, the murder rate was down 7.2 percent last year.
* The largest decrease in murders – 7.5 percent – took place in cities of half a million to a million in population. The only increase – 5.3 percent – occurred in cities with 25,000 to 50,000 people.
* Robbery dropped 8.1 percent, aggravated assault declined 4.2 percent and forcible rape was down 3.1 percent.
* Violent crime fell 6.6 percent in the South, 5.6 percent in the West, 4.6 percent in the Midwest and 3.5 percent in the Northeast.