Vacating Criminal Charges

Motion to Vacate a Conviction - Angus Lee Law Firm

Vacating Criminal Charges: Under Washington law, Defendants can vacate and/or seal certain criminal convictions. Once an individual’s criminal conviction has been vacated, that person can then state that they were not convicted of that offense.

Under the same statute, if the defendant was convicted of a Class C felony and more than 5 years have passed since discharge, or if the conviction was for a Class B felony and more than 10 years have passed since discharge, then the convictions can be vacated.

In order to qualify for the vacating a felony, the individual making the request must not have been convicted of a new crime in any state or court since the date of discharge, have no other criminal actions pending, the offense for the conviction was not a violent offense or a crime against persons.

Fortunately, certain misdemeanor crimes can be vacated, too. Attorney Alexander Ransom represents clients in the vacation and sealing of felony and misdemeanor convictions. Contact Alexander today for a free consultation.